In this tutorial, you will learn how to create a decentralized animal adoption platform on the Celo blockchain. By following the step-by-step instructions, you’ll gain valuable hands-on experience in developing smart contracts and implementing essential functionalities for uploading, adopting, and releasing animals.
Step 1: Introduction to the Celo Blockchain
- Understand the key features and benefits of the Celo blockchain for decentralized applications.
- Set up a development environment to start building on the Celo network.
Step 2: Smart Contract Architecture and Overview
- Dive into the structure and components of the smart contract that powers the animal adoption platform.
- Explore the functions and data structures used to manage animal profiles.
Step 3: Uploading Animal Profiles
- Implement the ability for users to upload animal profiles, including providing details such as name, image, and description.
- Incorporate a fee mechanism for uploading animal profiles using Celo’s native stablecoin (cUSD) as the transaction medium.
Step 4: Adopting Animals
- Enable users to adopt animals from the platform by paying the specified adoption fee in cUSD.
- Implement the necessary logic to mark the adopted animal as “sold” and update its ownership details.
Step 5: Releasing Animals
- Empower animal owners to release their adopted animals back into the platform for readoption.
- Define the process and fee for releasing animals, ensuring secure and transparent transactions.
Step 6: Retrieving Animal Information
- Build functions to retrieve detailed information about animals, including their current status, ownership, and timestamps.
- Provide a convenient way for users to explore the available animals for adoption.
Step 7: Testing and Deployment
- Test the smart contract functionalities using a simulated environment or a Celo testnet.
- Deploy the smart contract to the Celo testnet.