In this tutorial article, you will learn how to create a staking pool using Solidity, the programming language for Celo smart contracts. By following this codebase, you will understand how to build a decentralized application (DApp) that allows users to stake their CUSD tokens and receive rewards in return. The article will guide you through the implementation of features such as staking, unstaking, yield distribution, and reward withdrawal. Additionally, you will gain insights into concepts like smart contract interactions, token transfers, and utilizing the OpenZeppelin library. By the end of this tutorial, you will have a solid understanding of creating staking mechanisms and exploring potential use cases for decentralized finance (DeFi) applications.
Topics covered in this tutorial:
- Creating staking balances and tracking stakers
- Implementing time-based staking periods
- Distributing transaction fees to stakers
- Withdrawing staked amounts and yield rewards
- Ownership and access control with the Ownable contract
- Utilizing the OpenZeppelin library for ERC-20 token interactions