Community Spotlight: Nikhil Charts a New Career Course at Bitquery

Hello Celo Academy community!

Today, we’re thrilled to spotlight Nikhil. His dedication and hard work have paved the way for an exciting opportunity in the world of blockchain, and we couldn’t be more proud!

Nikhil’s Inspiring Journey

Nikhil began his journey with us in the Celo Sage community with a passion for blockchain technology and an established career in product management. His unique talent was his ability to simplify complex tech ideas, making them easily accessible for everyone.

During his time with us, Nikhil demonstrated this talent time and again. His articles and explanations were always well-received, making blockchain concepts approachable for all members. Inspired by the positive responses, Nikhil decided to shift his career focus to technical writing full time.

New Beginnings at Bitquery

Embracing his passion for software development, writing, and leveraging his product management expertise, Nikhil has now joined Bitquery as a Technical Writer. Bitquery is a renowned company that focuses on analyzing data in the blockchain field, and we’re confident that Nikhil will excel in his new role.

We’re fortunate that Nikhil has agreed to share more insights about his journey in an exclusive interview with us.

Interview with Nikhil

Tell us a little bit about yourself

Hi! My name is Nikhil and I just started working as a technical writer at Bitquery.

I’ve been in the crypto industry since the start of my professional career—just over 2 years. I started learning about blockchain technology because of a random interest and have been in the space ever since working in different positions, from technical researcher to product manager.

I love to learn and explore new projects and the blockchain and crypto industry is the perfect place for that.

Why did you join the Celo Sage program?

After working as a PM, I learned that my interests lie in the more technical side of the product and not growth, where PMs actually work. I had been writing some technical articles here and there and it was a great experience for me. I wanted to explore that more so I joined Celo Sage.

Joining the Sage program sparked my interest in a technical writing or developer relations position and writing for Celo eventually led to my new position with Bitquery.

What project are you working on now?

I am currently working for a company called Bitquery, which provides blockchain indexing solutions to customers and supports a lot of blockchain networks through its indexing services.

One thing for all the Celo developers out there, Bitquery supports Celo Mainnet and Alfajores Testnet. So if you want to use it in your project or have any questions while integrating it, I will be more than happy to help you!

What is next for you?

Aside from writing some great content for Bitquery and helping developers who want to use the service, I want to improve my technical and writing skills and create valuable content that will teach people about blockchain technology — both web3 devs and devs interested in web3.

Any advice for devs building with Celo or in general?

Keep building and listen to feedback from the community. Celo has a great community of builders and users who can point you in a good direction and help you build products that are appealing to a lot of people. You just need to listen to the advice people give you.

If you’re building something interesting, write about it and get into more technical details. I know so many people working on so many good things and if they just write about it, they will attract other devs who are equally interested in their project or the technology behind it.

If devs are interested in your journey and what you accomplished, how can they reach out to you?

The best way to reach me is via Twitter DMs but I am also available on Telegram, Discord, and LinkedIn. Just let me know you heard about me from Celo :slight_smile:

Congratulations Nikhil!

We are so proud of what Nikhil has achieved. His dedication, willingness to continually learn, and courage to take a new path serve as a great example for all of us. His story demonstrates that success often comes to those who are able to to leverage their strengths and step outside their comfort zones.

So here’s a big shout-out to Nikhil as he embarks on his new journey with Bitquery. His story reminds us that with the right mix of passion, hard work, and fearlessness, amazing things can happen.

We are eagerly waiting to see the wonders you’ll create at Bitquery, and we’ll be cheering for you every step of the way.

To all our Celo Academy and Celo Sage community members: remember, Nikhil’s story is an example of what’s possible when you pair your unique journey with dedication, a love for what you do, and a willingness to continuously learn. Who knows, your next big accomplishment might be what we get to celebrate next!

View Nikhil’s Celo Academy portfolio here.

7 Likes

Congratulations, Nikkhil! Happy for you :dizzy::100:

2 Likes

Congratulations Nikhil​:partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

Congrats @nikhil. More milestones​:seedling::muscle:

1 Like