How to Deploy a Smart Contract to the Celo Testnet using Hardhat

How to Deploy a Smart Contract to the Celo Testnet using Hardhat https://celo.academy/uploads/default/optimized/2X/1/1ffe1232486cb9b695dc790323c1be756ec6bb32_2_1024x576.png
none 0.0 0

Introduction

In this video, we will walk through the process of deploying a smart contract on the Celo Alfajores testnet using Hardhat. The tutorial includes setting up environment variables, installing and configuring Hardhat, claiming testnet funds from the Celo faucet, and deploying a sample contract. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned developer, this tutorial is a great resource for anyone looking to deploy smart contracts on the Celo network using Hardhat. Don’t miss out on this informative and easy-to-follow guide!

Prerequisites

1. Basic Knowledge of Javascript
  2. Familiarity with Solidity Smart Contracts

Video

Video URL

Resources

1. Github Code Repository
  2. Celo Alfajores
  3. Valora
  4. CeloScan Alfajores Explorer
  5. Hardhat Tutorial

Conclusion

This tutorial is a great resource for anyone looking to deploy smart contracts on the Celo network using Hardhat.

Author

Oyeniyi Abiola Peace is a seasoned software and blockchain developer. With a degree in Telecommunication Science from the University of Ilorin and over five years of experience in JavaScript, Python, PHP, and Solidity, he is no stranger to the tech industry. Peace currently works as the CTO at DFMLab and is a Community Moderator at Celo Blockchain. When he’s not coding or teaching, he loves to read and spend time with family and friends.

4 Likes

The video teaching/explanation is top notch , welldone .

3 Likes

Though short, I enjoyed your video. Nice work

4 Likes

That was not bad @iamoracle :+1: :+1:
You did have good knowledge of the topic. Please share with me if you make more videos.

8 Likes

fixing capitalisation

Great video. I learnt a couple of things watching it