Improving smart contracts security on Celo with ContractFuzzer

Overview

As web3/blockchain developers, ensuring correctness and accuracy in contract code should be your topmost priority. In development, we may not completely account for errors especially logical ones. Therefore, it becomes imperative to employ tools that can perform the tasks for us.

Considering the devastating effects of vulnerable smart contracts. As web3 developers, writing secure smart contracts can be very challenging especially where many contracts are involved with limited time. You have the responsibility of deploying safe and secure code.

What you will learn

There are a couple of analysis and security tools that can freely help developers to reduce or avoid cheap and common mistakes and documented smart contract vulnerabilities. As a Celo developer, this tutorial will help you in the following ways:

• Learn how to use ContractFuzzer in analyzing smart contracts with code examples.
  • Avoid common errors and common smart contract attacks while building for the Celo platform.
  • Advanced in Smart contracts development.

Requirements

Readers must have previous experience writing smart contracts using Solidity language.

Possible stacks

• JavaScript
  • Hardhat/Foundry
  • Python

14 Likes

This an amazing topic on security, great job @bobelr

2 Likes

Thank you @kinyichukwu :+1:

10 Likes

Is this a repetition of the previous pathway i commented on?

No. This is a new proposal. Please kindly dm me if you have a suggestion to improve on this.

7 Likes

Okay i just felt it didn’t qualify for a pathway even if the reward system is not clear yet

Please send me a dm, and not comment under this topic to avoid clustering.

8 Likes

okay will do that, i still have a few corrections in your other proposals

looking forward to your approach!

2 Likes

It’s nice to have a smart contract security tutorial, I’m available to assist in any way

3 Likes

Nice initiative @bobelr

4 Likes