B_WC Hackathon Series!

Introducing the Build With Celo Hackathon Series!

This 4-part, monthly, virtual series is a celebration of the newest technology debuting around the Celo ecosystem. We invite developers around the globe to work with this technology to create, design, and build projects with real-world impact.

Every month (from June to August) comes with a new challenge. Use these challenges as an opportunity to iterate and improve on your project or idea, bring a new one to life, and have fun doing it.

Right now, for Series 2, we challenge you to Build social sign-In dApps With Celo, Masa Soulnames, and cLabs’ Social Connect. Hurry though, projects are due June 18 @ 11:59 PM PT.

You can find all the information you need to register and build here. A piece of 25K is up for grabs!

And check out our past and future B_WC Hackathon Series below :arrow_down:

Series 1, Tokenized Carbon with Toucan Protocol, has ended. Check out the winners!

Series 3 runs from July 1 -15, theme TBD (will announce at the end of June). Register here!

Series 4 runs from August 1-15, theme TBD (will announce at the end of August). Register here!

We will update this post with more information about the series.

For more dev-related information, follow us on @celodevs Twitter and sign up for the DevDesk Newsletter!

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing @celaahl

This was posted barely 24hrs ago. The deadline is very close. June 14 is just a few hours from now. Can it be extended? I’ve missed a lot of hackathons. This channel will help me keep up to date if regularly updated.

8 Likes

No problem @bobelr!

Yeah, the turnaround was quick. Was just getting the word out and letting people know about the series as a whole and for those who wanted to take a chance and try to build something in a couple days :slight_smile:

Projects are due today, June 15 @ 11:59 PM PDT. If we decide to extend the deadline, I will make an announcement here but not in the plan at the moment.

And we will regularly update this post with hackathon details, so keep an eye out!

7 Likes

Ok great! Thanks for your response.

7 Likes

@bobelr you were not the only one to ask, lol

Deadline has been extended to June 18 @ 11:59 PM PDT!

4 Likes

Hahaha, that’s awesome. What a good news. Then I’ll get to it asap. A huge thanks to the team.

9 Likes

Were you able submit your project?

1 Like

No bro. The project I chose to work on too me time. I ran into a few flaws which I needed to deal with. Besides I do go to church of Sundays so I couldn’t do anything. I only had just Saturday to put up the idea. I will wait for the next batch in July since it happens monthly so I can have enough time to fix the issues. I also wanted to implement Masa in my project. All these, I need time coupled with other endeavors. cc: @celaahl

11 Likes

Its all well…next time

1 Like