More Beginner articles?

Being an academy for developers, i feel some core concepts of building and innovation need be discussed here to enable developers build seemlessly and even understand what the ecosystem needs.
For example, whats the essence of building for NFTs when you dont dully grasp the idea of decentralized storage?
What the essence of building some real world cases when you do not know what an oracle is or how to integrate them into your project?
Why go and start creating tokens for stuff when you dont understand tokenization?

Or is this academy solely gonna focus on more low level stuff?

5 Likes

Hi @EmiriDbest - we’d like to look into a way to support more beginner articles but don’t currently have a reward structure in place for the Celo Sage program to support that. The rewards we currently have are meant to support educators that research, develop applications, and explain the code they’ve written which takes quite a bit of time and effort. High level and introductory material, while useful and valuable, takes much less time and effort to created especially given the new AI tools we can use to create content. That said, I’d love to see more introductory content like this. You can make a proposal and if they get interest from the community we’ll work on reward structures that can support these ideas. Hope this helps!

5 Likes

Alright, i get you but i still believe having these topics would be a great addition to the academy as most developers would likely need them in one way or the other.

2 Likes

In response to this, i honestly think a beginner article that covers a topic end to end, from introducing concepts and building out a working user-facing application or an equivalent should be considered.

4 Likes

Yes absolutely @EmiriDbest and @emmanuelikwuoma7 and that is part of the reason for opening up proposals to the community. Previously, we had a set of guidelines for what we hoped would be best for the community and find it very important that developers have the tools and resources they need to build working applications on Celo. We may have reached a point that introductory articles that lead developers into building would bring more value. If so, you can definitely create a proposal and if it resonates with the community it will be considered. Looking forward to your thoughts!

4 Likes

@EmiriDbest @emmanuelikwuoma7 did you guys create the proposal?
im just seeing this
if yes,please share the link

2 Likes

Thanks for your interest in this. I had to hold back to gain more insight into the pathway proposals tho. @bobelr has been doing a nice job in proposing pathways. I planned to work with him and @joenyzio to refine the ideas and put them forward.

2 Likes

Yeah, you could refine your proposal and put them forward. If you meant to create a pathway, restructure it, and as a community, we’ll engage with it, provide suggestions and support to ensure it provides intended value for Celo community as a whole.

2 Likes